Signamic is recognised nationally as a leading centre for excellence in training and assessment in Sign Language interpreting. We have built a reputation for providing a friendly and supportive learning environment whilst providing top quality training. Signamic consistently achieves 100% pass rates in our NVQ programmes.
- it is rigorously designed around the Signature NVQ assessment criteria
- it provides an innovative approach to NVQ qualifications enabling students to compile their portfolios using a very straight-forward system
- an award winning team of trainers and assessors, who are all leading practitioners in the field of interpreting and within a wide range of domains
- a high level of support and expertise from our dedicated training team
- our students have the opportunity to collect work-based experience and evidence in a professional environment with leading interpreting service providers inlcuding the Royal Association for Deaf People (RAD) and deaf-led agency Neals Communication
- access to course-specific online student areas with forums, class news and course materials
- small classes with a high ratio of student/ trainer contact
Our Interpreting programme is available in two components:
Part 1 is the skills training and development component
Part 2 is the skills assessment component.
Course progression route to becoming a fully qualified interpreter at Signamic:
(Click here to enlarge as PDF)
Assessment for the programme
You will be assessed prior to being accepted on our various programmes, and you will be advised if you are not ready for Part 2. If you have been assessed as not ready you will be invited to undergo Part 1 of our programme, to develop your skills for successful assessment in Part 2.
If you have been assessed as being "almost there" but your interpreting skills are too advanced for the Part 1 skills training and development component, two options are available to you: We will either refer you to our range of "Top-Up" workshops which are tailor-made to deliver specialised training on specific NVQ assessment criteria which could run alongside our Part 2 programme; and Two, we will advise you to go on our IIDP Programme where an Advisor will assist you develop a skills development plan.